If you sign up for this adventure, you’ll be riding at what is regarded as the best time of year! The temperature should be the coolest for riding, and the rain should be minimal.
A scheduled adventure with our good friends over at Mototrails in the UK, we also offer this tour on a bespoke basis to suit your own calendar, or you are welcome to join Red Dirt on their adventure too! We would just politely ask that if you have heard of Cambodia Expeditions through Mototrails or their Red Dirt Tour promotions, that you make it known clearly to us on booking, or that you continue to book your adventure directly through them, so they don’t miss out on their commission.
- Motorcycle Mounted Guide(s) and Mechanic(s).
- Meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner unless otherwise specified.
- Accommodation on a twin share basis.
- Tickets and passes to all locations with the exception of Angkor Wat.
- Support vehicle(s).
- Luggage transportation from each accommodation.
- Motorcycle rental and transportation of bikes to start of the event and from the end of the event
- Regular wear and tear to the motorcycles of both rider and guide
- Airport transfers, unless arriving/departing independently of the main group
- Tour T-shirt
- Fuel for the motorcycles.
- Any alcohol consumed during the course of the tour by either guide or participant.
- Any accident damage caused to a participant’s motorcycle while on tour. All accident damage costs must be paid by the participant.
- Expenses incurred that are not listed as part of the itinerary.
- Medical treatment or evacuation of a participant either as a result of being on tour or not as a result of being on tour.
- Medical or evacuation insurance.
- Cost of transferring deposit money/tour payments to Cambodia.
- Third-party in-country motorcycle insurance
Day 1 – Arrival
Arrive Phnom Penh.
Collected from airport, poolside beers in your hotel.
Relax and recharge from your journey.
The day and evening is free for you to do as you wish.
Day 2 – Acclimatising
Acclimatising in the Capital.
Another day free for you to do as you wish, aside from an hour or two with a pre-rider briefing and an introduction to the team & other riders.
Also your first chance to get acquainted with your bike.
Dinner on us.
But get a good night’s sleep, tomorrow will be an early start and a long day riding.
Day 3 – Riding
Phnom Penh to Kampong Cham – 120km
The Red Dirt Tour gets off to an early start, leaving Phnom Penh you and your bike will take a ferry across the Mighty Mekong river, stopping at a local temple for a traditional Buddhist Blessing (for luck on your journey ahead) and then follow the river road to Kampong Cham. An easy introductory ride.
The accommodation you can expect on this tour is mid-range. Please bear in mind that Cambodia has only really had a tourism industry for 17 years, and some mid-range options are rather more rudimentary than you might expect in the West.
Your accommodation is included from the evening of the 14th November up until the evening of the 25th November inclusive.
Based on twin sharing accommodation.
Single occupancy upgrades.